Victoria E. Ainsworth (associate)
Smith Goodfriend, P.S. (November 2015-Present)
U.W. Federal Tax Clinic (September 2014-June 2015)
- Represented low-income taxpayers and small business owners in tax controversy proceedings before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Advocated on behalf of the client, negotiated settlements with the IRS, and assisted in representing the taxpayer before federal tax court.
King County Superior Court (March 2014-June 2014)
- Drafted court orders, wrote bench memoranda, and researched and reviewed all parties' briefings and motions.
U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (June 2013-September 2013)
- Investigated complaints of Fair Housing Act violations in the Enforcement Division of the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity.
- Conducted legal research and memoranda, interviewed parties and witnesses and obtained evidence, facilitated mediation discussions, wrote conciliation agreements between parties, and drafted final investigative reports and letters of determination.
Immigrant Families Advocacy Project (January 2013-December 2013)
- Assisted an immigrant survivor of domestic violence in her self-petition for legal permanent resident status under the Violence Against Women Act.
Public Service Experience
Public Interest Law Association (May 2013-May 2015)
- Organized and supervised the application and selection process for distributing over $100,000 in grants to law students pursuing unpaid public interest projects, and implemented a database to facilitate and foster relationships between law students and attorneys at public service organizations.
- University of Washington School of Law (2015) J.D., Rank: Top Third
- Chief Managing Editor, Washington International Law Journal | 2014 – 2015
- Legal Writing Fellow, University of Washington School of Law |2014 – 2015
- Faculty Research Assistant, University of Washington School of Law | 2014 – 2015
- Vice President, UW Public Interest Law Association | 2014 – 2015
- CALI Award for Best in Class – Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing | 2013
- Malcolm L. Edwards '57 Award for Best Appellate Brief | 2013
- University of Montana (2011) B.A.with high honors
- University Scholar, Davidson Honors College
- President's Outstanding Senior Recognition Award, Political Science Department
- Dean's List
- Washington State Bar Association